As a good corporate citizen and respectful of the environment CSP adopted and that as early as 2004 an environmentally friendly sound approach.
CSP has no polluting activity through petrol, however, they are a worldwide enterprise in the world of healthcare and they owe it to themselves to implement every possible measure to identify and reduce to a minimum the negative impacts on the environment.
To be specific this has reflected in the following environmental measures
- decrease in energy consumption
- preventing air, water and grown pollution, some visual and acoustic disturbance
- waste reduction at source
Their commitment to the environment has been recognised by the granting of the ISO 14 001 certification for the CSP depository sites as a whole from January 2008.
Setting an example to move ahead together
CSP have been committed to gradually making procedures paperless, whether it be in-house by increasing employees’ awareness of reasonable printouts and implementing an electronic messaging system to limit printouts to a minimum or be it external by taking sides on behalf of innovative solutions adapted to the problematic of the market such as paperless invitations to tender or developing e-invoicing…
By way of an example, in 2010, 85% of their products waste from the headquarters of the enterprise have been revised.
This undertaking is clearly followed up and brought up to date via flash assessments and thanks to the feedback from suppliers so as to refine the measures and complete the requirements of the Environmental Good Practices.
Having an eco-responsible management is above all the safeguarding of our environment
CSP carries out regular measurements on the different environmental impacts and the eventual pollution from their activity at different levels:
- WATER: analysis of rainwater -http://www.basecarbone.fr/fr/bilanenligne/detail/index/idElement/2924/back/bilans-
- GROUND: putting in place of oil separators in the company’s car parks so as to avoid any accidental contamination linked to any damages on the truck.
- regular upkeep and controls of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment
- Control on noise emissions are carried out in order to avoid any nuisance linked to the activity of the enterprise: for instance from the refrigerated units.
Taking bets on the future whilst adapting their tools and technics
The following up of their environmental campaign has enabled CSP to renew some machines and so to become more energy efficient whilst improving the quality of their general services.
CSP innovate and on some of their plants they test alternative technics
- refrigeration units such as free-cooling in the use of green roofs or the putting in place of a real time air-conditioning and heating pilot systems in the administrative buildings, the warehouses and the cold chambers thus optimising their energy consumption zone by zone.
- their own production of energy thanks to the use of solar panels
CSP is also committed to promoting the use of refrigerated transport +2°C/+8°C which enables a decrease in the production of waste linked the use of isotherm cases or cold packs and in this way they reduce their carbon footprint.